Book Appointments via Telephone:
01704878661 / 01704879430
Book Appointments Online (Patient Access):
To book via patient access, click here.
7-Day Service (Family Surgery-Birkdale):
Southport & Formby now offer a 7-day service to patients who struggle to attend surgeries during normal working hours. These routine appointments are pre-bookable in advance and are available Monday to Friday in the evenings and also Saturday and Sunday mornings. For more information please click here.
Some Background Information:
From 23rd April 2018 we will be operating a new appointment system.
Please click here to see how the new system will work.
- A percentage of our appointments are available for booking up to 3 weeks in advance, subject to individual doctors leave etc. These can be booked via telephone, online or calling into reception.
- Each doctor also offers telephone consultations each day which can be booked in advance. If you feel that your problem does not need a physical examination then these slots can be booked either in person or via the telephone system as detailed above.
- You can also consult electronically with your GP using the online e-consult tool. You will be given a response within 48 working hours. For more information, click here.
- Our practice nurse appointments are available daily. These appointments are available to book in advance either in person or via the telephone system. The practice nurses manage patients with chronic diseases.
- If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to offer the slot to someone else and re-arrange your appointment for a more convenient time.
- Our pharmacy team deals with repeat prescription requests, prescribing queries and reconciliation of medications from hospital discharge letters etc. If you have a medication query, you can speak with the practice pharmacy technician who will deal with this, escalating to the practice pharmacist and clinical team, as appropriate.
- We also offer an evening surgery once a week and a Saturday morning service, in addition to our regular service, for patients who cannot easily attend surgery through the week (i.e. they have work commitments). These are routine appointments that must be booked in advance either in person at reception or via the telephone system.
- For information relating to home visits, please see the home visits page under practice information.