Book or change an appointmentLast Updated: Tuesday, 05 September 2023
Accurx is an online service that allows you to quickly and easily access GP services. Answer a few simple questions and Accurx will get you the help you need. Accurx only available during surgery hours.
To book an appointment:
- Request an appointment online
- Phone us Monday to Friday from 8am to 6.30pm (excluding bank holidays and training closures) on 01704878661 or 01704879430
- Visit the surgery and speak with a receptionist Monday to Friday from 8am to 6.30pm (excluding bank holidays and training closures)
- See details of future bank holiday closures and training closures (one Wednesday each month)
When you get in touch, our reception team will ask what you need help with.
This will help us assess your needs and identify the most suitable health professional to help you.
On-the-day appointments are available from 08:00 Monday-Friday at our Freshfield site.
Extended hours appointments
We also offer appointments during the evening and at weekends through the 7 Day GP Service. This is at the Family Surgery building at 107 Liverpool Road Birkdale.
These appointments are available 5pm to 9pm on Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm on Saturday and 9am to 1pm on Sunday.
You can book these appointments in advance by calling the reception team.
About your appointment
When you contact us, we may offer you a consultation:
Face to face at the surgery
On a video call
By online consultation (Accurx)
Important: if you have to cancel your appointment
Please tell us if you need to cancel your appointment and give us as much notice as possible. This means we can offer your appointment to another patient.
How to cancel your appointment
You can cancel any appointment by using the NHS App. You can also call the surgery to tell us.
If you need help with your appointment
Please tell us:
- If there’s a specific health professional you would prefer to see. We will do our best to organise that but it won't always be possible.
- If you would prefer to consult with the doctor or nurse by phone, face-to-face or video call.
- If you need an interpreter
- If you have any other access or communication needs